How to Create a Crafty Office Nook in Your Den with Sauder #ad5:30:00 AM
A while back, I was invited to check out Sauder and their furniture products. I am always looking for better ways to utilize my space with furniture, so of course I said yes!
One of my big issues right now in my house is storage. I had to find something to become a home for my blogging work. Not a desk because I am pretty mobile when it comes to blogging (and besides, my "day job" has me behind a desk most of time!), but a place for my computer and my most used craft tools to live in the room we spend the most time in: our bonus room.
So as I was exploring Sauder's website, I was really impressed at how easy it was to navigate through it. You can look at each collection, or search for a specific finish, furniture type, or room type. There's even a style quiz if you want to see what lines work with your tastes and your lifestyle! And if that navigation isn't doing it for you, you can even use the search bar up at the top. I used all of these search features of the site. I started out looking at all the collections, just to get an overview, but I quickly started using all the style lab tools. And that's when I found the Edge Water Sideboard.
Although this piece is intended to be a sideboard, we placed it in my bonus room, and it looks right at home! The finish and style coordinates perfectly with other pieces we have up there now. I know it will be a very flexible piece for us up there. I do most of my blogging and some of my crafting up there while hanging out with my husband at night. This is going to be a perfect location to stow craft supplies and my computer! I just have my computer and some lovely design items there now, but I have plans to use this piece to store all kinds of craft goodies. I also think it'll be a great place to stage a movie night. Stay tuned for some great ideas on how to use a piece like this!
As part of ordering my own Sauder furniture piece, I interacted with the website like any other user, checked out their customer service, and assembled my piece. These are my thoughts on the whole Sauder experience:
- I love how many finishes were available, and how you could search by finish (or style, or collection, or function)! It made the process of navigating the site pretty easy.
- The customer service folks were really responsive. I didn't get a chance to check out the live chat option, which is available during regular business hours, but I emailed a question about shipping, and they responded in less than one business day with a helpful response.
- The shipping process was pretty amazing to me. The Sauder factory is in Columbus, Ohio, about 7 hours away from me. Definitely not local! I ordered my furniture from them on a Tuesday night after hours. I had the furniture at my door by the end of the day on Friday!
- Another thing that I really liked about the ordering experience was that I knew just how heavy the shipping box was going to be. This thing weighed almost as much as I do!! I was prepared with my husband there to help me to unbox the furniture. Obviously, this guy required some assembly! My husband helped me unbox my sideboard and then I was ready to go!
- Other than helping me turn the piece of furniture up part way through the assembly process and helping me tighten a few screws, my husband didn't help me at all. I have assembled many pieces of furniture in my life, and I was very impressed at how clear the instructions were. It still gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I do something by myself, though!
- I love the flexibility built into the Edge Water Sideboard. The back panel has knockout areas so that you can run cords through the back. I love the combination of open and closed storage, too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sauder. The opinions and text are all mine.