June Makeover Challenge - My Living Room6:00:00 AM
Today, I don't have pretty pictures for you. I want to share with you what I've been working on the last couple of weeks--at least, the before pictures. If you recall, I remade my office in January as part of Thrift Diving's January Junk-Free Challenge. I'm pleased to announce that I'm participating again with her June Makeover Challenge!!
I've ambitiously decided to remake my kitchen/living combo. There's really no way to redo one without the other because of the open-concept plan in this area of my house. So without further ado, this is what my living room looked like before I started this challenge (you'll have to excuse the phone photos):
Clutter everywhere and furniture shoved against the wall, with no real place to focus the eye:
Curtains hung too low and off white paint.
- Paint the two rooms. We're going to go with a soft warm gray from Sherwin Williams called Requisite Gray. (Done!)
- Install recessed lights in the kitchen (Done!)
- Paint/repair the ceiling--includes fixing an issue on the second floor
- Declutter both rooms (Started)
- Create new artwork for both rooms using items we already have (At least 3-4 items)
- Rearrange the living room to make it a destination instead of a pass-through. (Done!)
- Make the fireplace wall a feature wall
- Hang the curtains up higher to make the ceiling seem higher and the windows seem larger