What I learned at Bloggy Boot Camp--Charlotte5:00:00 AM
A couple of weekends ago, I spent a day with over 100 awesome bloggers, learning so much at Bloggy Boot Camp Charlotte. I loved how down to earth all the presenters were. I also got to meet a lot of new bloggers, and actually meet some bloggers that I love, like Trish from Uncommon Designs and Alexa from No Holding Back. And I walked away with my head so full that it hurt. Quite literally hurt…for the following 2 days. I am still processing what I have learned, especially all the nitty gritty, but here is a low-down of what I am doing right…and what I am needing to work on!
- What I’m doing right: My blog design is simple, with coordinating colors. In fact, I may need to add some colors for emphasis.
- What I need to improve on: Fonts are so important, and although I had limited myself on how many, the font I had did no convey the image that I want. And you can always improve on your photography!
- What I’m doing right: I’m on social media
- What I need to improve on: I need to work on my facebook coverage! I got so frustrated with the rules changing so much that I’ve basically ignored facebook. Funny thing is, at least some folks follow me solely through facebook…I really need to improve on this!
- What I’m doing right: I have one that is basically up to date.
- What I need to improve on: I need to add some more information. A lot of information. I’ll also be adding video in the near future. (gulp!)
- What I’m doing right: I set some goals for the year.
- What I need to improve on: I need to set some “end game” goals. Where am I going with this blog?
- What I’m doing right: I went to a blog conference and started some relationships with other bloggers through twitter.
- What I need to improve on: I need to truly develop those relationships. If I connected with you, I need to follow up. I’m horrible at follow-up. Silly introvert!
- What I’m doing right: I have started some brand relationships
- What I need to improve on: I need to dream big on the brands that I want to go after…and do it!!
- What I’m doing right: I know what SEO is…that’s it.
- What I need to improve on: I need to figure out a way to do this. Anybody have any ideas on plugins that are compatible with blogger? Because I'm stubborn, and I like blogger, and I don't want to move!
Sometimes I link up at the following places: 504 Main, A Diamond in the Stuff, AKA Design, Alderberry Hill, At the Picket Fence, Beyond the Picket Fence, Blessed with Grace, Cherished Bliss, Classy Clutter, C.R.A.F.T., Craft-o-maniac, Crafty Scrappy Happy, Eat at Home, Finding Fabulous, Gingersnap Crafts, Glued to My Crafts, Home Stories A to Z, House of Hepworths, I Heart Naptime, It's So Very Cheri, Lil Luna, Lines Across, Live Laugh Rowe, Made in a Day, Madigan Made, My Favorite Finds, Not Just a Housewife, One Creative Mommy, Organizing Junkie, Positively Splendid, Semi Homemade Mom, Serenity Now, Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, Six Sisters Stuff, So I Married a Craft Blogger, So You Think You're Crafty, Someday Crafts, Sugarbee Crafts, Tatertots & Jello, The 36th Avenue, The Finer Things in Life, The Frugal Girls, The Grant Life, The Shabby Nest, Tidy Mom, Today's Creative Blog, Uncommon Designs, and Under the Table and Dreaming.